Ever wanted to be in more than one place at a time? That’s right, I’m talking about the super-human abilities that can be gained by those who follow the protocol for what’s known as sun-gazing, a valid practice recently confirmed by NASA. Many proponents of this ancient technique, used by many cultures such as Mayan, Egyptian, Aztec, Tibetian and Indian yoga, report not only healing benefits to common illnesses, but obtaining super-human abilities such as advanced telepathy and going completely without the need for food.
Sun gazing (also known as sun-eating) is a strict practice of gradually introducing sunlight into your eyes at the lowest ultraviolet-index times of day – sunrise and sunset. Those who teach the practice say there are several rules to the practice. First, it must be done within the hour after sunrise or before sunset to avoid damaging the eyes. Second, you must be barefoot, in contact with the actual earth – sand, dirt or mud; and finally, you must begin with only 10 seconds the first day, increasing by 10 second intervals each day you practice. Following these rules make the practice safe, says sources.
Nikolai Dolgoruky of the Ukraine calls himself a ‘sun-eater’. He has been practicing sun gazing for the past 12 years and has largely subsisted off solar energy since he began. Others have reported losing the need for food after only 9 months of sun gazing (by which time the practitioner has worked up to a maximum of 44 minutes). After 9 months of practice, you need only walk barefoot on the earth for 45 minutes per day, 6 days in a row to further the process of what has been initiated by sun gazing.
Sun-gazing is a practice also called the HRM phenomenom, coined as such after Hira Ratan Manek, the man who submitted himself to NASA for scientific testing to confirm that he does indeed possess the almost ‘super-human’ ability of not eating, gained through his dedication to this interesting marvel. Funded by NASA, a team of medical doctors at the University of Pennsylvania observed Hira 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 100 days. NASA confirmed that he was indeed able to survive largely on light with occasionally a small amount of buttermilk or water during this time.
What happens to the body during Sun Gazing?
During your first 3 months of practice, the suns energy is moving through the eyes and charging the hypothalamus tract, says those who have studied this technique and used it. The hypothalamus tract is the pathway to the rear of the retina which leads to the brain. The brain then, over time, becomes activated by the energy supply being received by the sun. You will first experience a relief of mental tension and worry, since most worry is fueled by the energy received by the foods we eat. Since food gets it’s energy from the sun, it is said to be readily available to sun-eaters without the trouble of digestion. Though hunger is said to eventually cease, it is fine to continue eating regularly during initial stages, until appetite disappears naturally.
Another benefit early on is said to be an increase in confidence and an ability to easily solve your problems, as you are without tension. Everyone has at least a bit of psychosis, but during the first few months of sun gazing practice, it is reported that these attitudes go away and a positive nature gracefully replaces the old persona full of fears. By the end of 3 months, the gazing time will have increased to 15 minutes per day.
Reports on sun gazing say that the bad qualities normally associated with any person will gradually disappear and good qualities will remain, explaining that ‘bad qualities’ only develop in the absence of sunlight. Bad qualities like anger, fear, jealousy, lust – are said to disappear – and be replaced by a certain confidence and ‘spiritual knowing’ that senses more purely the heart of an issue.
At 3-6 months of gazing, the studies show that physical diseases start to disappear. They say that by the time one is gazing 30 minutes per day (building up 10 seconds per day) all the colors of the sun will have reached the brain. Color therapists attribute their healing of certain diseases to flooding the body and brain with the particular color that is lacking – depending on the ailment. For example, in liver disease, the color green is deficient. The kidneys need red, and the heart, yellow. All of the organs and all of the systems are said to respond to different colors of the rainbow, which is why it is also recommended to eat a diet rich in a variety of colors. It is recommended during the 3-4 month period that you use autosuggestion to see your body already healed of any perceived weakness or disease. This action will facilitate the process of returning to wholeness.
As you continue the process, it is reported that after 6 months, the energy stored from the technique is no longer being used for repairing the body or the mind and can move now into supporting you in gaining more super-human abilities.
What’s Beyond Healing?
By seven and a half months of gazing, now at 35 minutes, need and desire for food is dwindling. According to sun gazing experts, food is not actually needed to maintain the body, only energy – and ‘sun-eating’ provides that energy. By 9 months, all taste for food, including aroma, all hunger pains and cravings disappear. Those who make it this far say that they report a noticeable ‘change’ in the way their brain feels – like it’s “charged up.” After 9 months of sun-gazing – reaching a maximum of 44 minutes – it is advised that you give up sun-gazing and redirect your attention now to the Earth.
For 6 days straight, one is to walk barefoot on the earth, 45 minutes per day. During this barefoot walking, the pineal gland is said to become activated. Professional sun gazers and those researching the science say that each toe is connected to a specific gland, and by walking barefoot on the Earth, you activate these glands. The big toe is thought to be aligned with the pineal gland, the second toe with the pituitary, then the hypothalamus, thalamus and finally the pinky toe correlates to the amygdala. Walking barefoot, with the sun now falling on the top of your head, practitioners claim to create a sort of magnetic field in and around your body that recharges you and your brain.
Apparently this walking barefoot part is the most important aspect of the practice. As you continue walking on the Earth, this is when the magic really begins. The pineal gland is activated more and more by this walking procedure. Intellect is said to increase, along with memory. The pineal gland has navigational and psychic capabilities, meaning telepathy, the possibility of flight… now we are getting somewhere! Have you ever thought you would like to have your body in more than one place at a time? Well, sun-gazing is said to be the magical key to such abilities.
If you can barefoot walk 45 minutes every day for a year – you are golden. At that point, only a maintenance of 3-4 days a week is necessary to maintain the capabilities you have acquired.
Sun Gazing is an ancient practice that has been rediscovered, researched and retaught by Hira Ratan Manek.
- Warning: It can be harmful to look at the sun during non-safe hours (the time between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset). Even during safe times, use your own intuition and common sense to gauge whether the sun is safe or unsafe at the time you are watching it. If you eyes are blinking very rapidly or if your face is getting heated up during the practice, you are probably watching the Sun during non-safe hours. Beginners are encouraged to do sun-gazing when UV index is absolutely zero when the sun is dark orange or red in color (towards the beginning of sun-rise or toward the end of sunset).
- Sungazing is a very simple practice (read the detailed method below before your start the sun gazing practice) where you watch the Sun during safe hours (when UV index is 1 or 0) generally the first hour within sun rise or the last hour before sunset, barefooted on bare earth.
- You start by watching the sun during safe hours 10 seconds a day, and gradually increment the time you watch the sun by 10 seconds everyday until you reach 45 minutes (it will take 9 months to reach this number). Upon reaching 45 minutes you can revert back to doing sungazing for 15 minutes a day to keep the benefits.
- Additionally you need to do Barefoot walking on warm earth (when UV index is between 2 and 5) and drinking Sun charged water.
Some of the great benefits of Safe Sun Gazing are:
- Physical Benefits: ( Can be felt in 3-6 months of Practice)
- Improved vision.
- Improved health and immune system. Never get sick again.
- Aids natural healing from various kinds of diseases and ailments like CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Migraine, etc.
- Increased energy
- Reduction in hunger eventually leading to Inedia (Breathanarian or Breatharian) state.
- Mental and Emotional Benefits: (Can be felt in 1-3 months of pratices)
- Peace, calmness and clarity
- Emotional balance and reduction in irritability and stress.
- Heal painful emotions like anger and resentment.
- Increased Euphoria and Joy.
- Spiritual Benefits: (can be felt after 6-9 months of practice)
- Increased spiritual awareness.
- Ability to awake psychic abilities.
- Ability to go into deeper meditation more effortlessly.
You can get the audio CD or DVD of Hira Ratan Manek explaining the process and benefits of Sun gazing at his website here.
HRM Method of Sungazing:
Summary of Safe Sun Gazing method (Please read detailed description on HRM’s websiteabove before reading this summary). Please read the whole technique below in detail along with HRM’s website before you commence sungazing practice. Also watch the video lecture by HRM to get answers to FAQ (frequently asked questions).
- Safe Sun Gazing is to be practised during safe hours, when the UV index is 0 or 1. The UV index is generally 0 or 1 within the first 60minutes after sunrise and within the last 60 minutes before sunset. Absolute beginners should limit sungazing with first 5 minutes after sun rise and last five minutes before sunset. As they gradually increase their gazing time, and their eyes get used to the Sun, they can watch the sun during brighter period of the safe hour (1 hr within sunrise or sunset).
- During the safe hour, take off your footwear, and stand barefoot on bare earth. The best choices to stand on and practice sun gazing are Beach sand, mud or dirt. NEVER Stand on Grass as it will drain your energy. If you cannot find bare earth like sand, mud or dirt; it is okay to practice on some other surfaces like concrete, tar road or on terrace although you might not get full benefit. (During winter months it is okay to watch the sun the sun through the window of your house or with your footwear on)
- Start watching the sun. (Take your contacts or eye glasses off if you use any before sungazing) You can allow your eyes to blink and flicker naturally. Just watch the sun naturally like you would watch any person from a distance, there is no special type of looking or gazing that needs to employed . Just stand erect comfortably and watch the sun naturally.
- If your mind wanders, gently bring the attention back to watching the beautiful Sun.
- Relax your neck and feel your feet while watching the Sun.
- Have a conviction that the sun cannot do you any harm and that the light of the sun is beneficial to your mind, body and spirit. Even if you don’t have this belief, you will still experience the benefits; but having faith in the process allows you to experience full benefits more easily.
- The very first day of sun gazing, watch the sun (during safe hour) for a maximum of 10 seconds. On the second day, you can watch the sun for 20 seconds, and on third day you can watch the sun for 30 seconds. Keep increasing your practice time by 10 seconds every day. If you have really sensitive eyes like blue or gray eyes, then increment it just 5-8 seconds every day. You can use a cell phone timer or Kitchen timer to set your practice time accurately. Do not look elsewhere during the practice , just keep your attention on the sun effortlessly.
- Note: If on some days you are not able to watch the sun, do not count those days. E.g. If you are on day 7 and have built up your practice time to 70 seconds; and on day 8 and 9, you are unable to do sun gazing (because of weather), then on the next time you practice you should watch for 80 seconds only and not 100. Keep a journal and keep track of how long you watch the sun every day. If you miss too many days of sun in a row, use caution and intuition to judge how long to gaze. Go back few minutes than previously reached limit, and gaze only as long as it feels comfortable and build it back to former duration slowly over the next several days until eyes get used to the sun again.
- Note: If you normally wear glasses, REMOVE your glasses when you do sun gazing. Your vision will improve gradually as you do the sun gazing practice but you will need to update your glasses accordingly to keep the benefits or you may reverse the effect by using the same glasses. Best effects are seen when you can remain without glasses for a few months if possible so that you can allow your vision to improve naturally. Also use sun charged water as eye drops for other vision related benefits.
- After finishing your practice close your eyes. Keep your eyes closed for at least 30 seconds until the internal image of the sun fades away. During this time you can visualize spreading the energy of the sun from your crown to the rest of the body. You can also say a prayer if you wish. Use your palms to close your eyes and let the eyes relax. Slowly turn away from the direction of the sun, and uncover your palms and slowly open your eyes. make sure while opening your eyes, that you are looking elsewhere and not looking back at the sun. This step will help your eyes recover and reorient easily. You might notice that your vision has improved and everything looks sharper and clearer.
- In 3 months you would have reached 15 minutes of sun gazing per day (provided you haven’t skipped a day), In 6 months you would reach 30 minutes , and in 9 months you would reach 45 minutes of sun gazing per day. After you reach 45 minutes, go back to 15 minutes of sun gazing a day. Alternatively, you take off a minute every day until you reach 15 minutes of sun gazing per day, and continue doing 15 minutes of SG every day. Continue to do barefoot walking 45 minutes a day on Bare dry warm earth. Bare dry warm earth (no grass) is the second best source of sun’s energy, and helps activate your pineal gland and recharge your body.
- Some spiritual texts recommend discontinuing sun gazing altogether after nine months for safety of eyes.
- For more details about the technique, and FAQ, please visit HRM’s website
- Can be done on weekends, or even everyday if time permits
- Barefoot walking and Sun bathing can be done when the UV index is between 2 and 5, usually within few hours after sun rise or within few hours before sun set.
- Check the UV index at http://www.wunderground.com/
- You can check sunrise and sunset time at: http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/
- You can do sun bathing or barefoot walking on bare earth (Beach sand, mud or dirt etc). This allows you to absorb the sun energy into your body and also allows you to be grounded to earth.
- The practice of barefoot walking can be done for 30-45 minutes.
The benefits of Safe Sun Gazing are wonderful, and everyone who is missing the safe sun is missing a lot. Start enjoying the benefits of Safe sun gazing today.